Kids Dance Clinic

Mia Alexander, Reporter

This week Rancho Mirage High School Dance Team hosted a fundraiser kids clinic to help fund for upcoming competitions, costuming and props for shows. RMHS Dance Team not only focuses on strictly training in all styles of dance, but also preparing members on the basics of becoming a teacher. The clinic held three classes: Jazz, Hip Hop and Ballet with prices ranging from ten to twenty-five dollars depending on which classes the kids chose to take. “Hip- hop was fun! I liked the dance and the jumps.” said twelve year old Sarah Jackson. She took a class from Dance Team coach, Anthony Michael Vega. “ The purpose of this kids clinic isn’t just to raise money, it’s to truly remind kids that dance is a gift and a healthy escape for those who struggle with issues at home, or bullies at school.” Week one of the kids clinic consisted of fun games, activities, snacks and lots of dance! The turn out was tiny, however that did not stop the dance team from putting together a memorable camp. Each child was able to have a “ballet buddy” which essentially was a team member that was assigned to a child to help guide them throughout the clinic and perform with them at the end of each class. Thanks to the clinic, dance team now have new friends who one day will become part of the future RMHS Dance Team!